UML Rotary provides humanitarian service and funding with these areas of focus:
Here is an overview of the mix of local and international projects we have been funding:
~65% of funding
- COVID relief program to help struggling families by food
- Food and clothing donations for kids and families in need
- Cost-efficient LED lighting at a volunteer medical facility, providing brighter, more reliable light and saving $1000s/month in electricity costs
- School supplies and Spanish-to-English dictionary donations
- Funding for education programs, Youth Exchange programs, and scholarships
- Support for disabled children and their loved ones
- Maintenance for community daycare facilities and shelters for abused women and children.
- Mobile mammogram screenings
~35% of funding
- Polio eradication
- Life-changing cleft lip and palette/facial reconstruction surgeries
- Shelter tents and essential supplies for disaster relief
- Solar installation at a rural hospital with no access to reliable energy sources
- Hunger relief and sustainable programs to provide nutrition, especially for children
- Installing sustainable clean water and sanitation facilities
- Wheelchair repair program that employs and trains disabled persons to provide the repair services
Nearly all of UML Rotary’s charitable funding comes from our annual fundraising events:
Rotary Golf Outing, (cancelled for 2020 due to COVID) held in springtime at Waynesborough Country Club in Paoli, PA. We host dozens of golfers for a day of activities including lunch, 18-hole golf, contests, and dinner featuring charity raffles and auctions.
Oktoberfest Main Line , (cancelled for 2020 due to COVID) held in early October at Good Samaritan Church Field in Paoli, PA. The Oktoberfest is a family-focused community event attended by hundreds of parents and kids. There is a kindergarten with free games and activities, live entertainment, and a selection of German-themed food and drink.
NEW FOR 2020 Chocolate + Cheer, expertly paired artisan chocolates with micro brewed beer as a Tasting for Two (or One!!!). Friday night fun on Zoom, as a seasoned Chocolatier and Brewmeister discuss the nuances of each and why the flavors were paired together. It’s a sweet and savory explosion for your taste buds!
UML Rotary is an all-volunteer organization. Our club’s operating expenses are fully-funded through dues paid by our members. 100% of our charity fundraising, including direct donations and all net proceeds from our fundraising events, goes to humanitarian services. We maintain a 501(c)(3) charitable fund with The Vanguard Group, which helps ensure proper legal and fiduciary accountability.